This rapidly expanding Jersey based group with expertise in tax, employee reward schemes, compensation planning and fiduciary services is looking to recruit a Tax Technical Support Manager to join their St Helier HQ. The firm also has offices in London and Malta and an international client base.
The Tax Technical Support Manager works internally as the Groups Tax expert and is tasked with adopting a new systematized method for reducing their exposure to tax risk for their customers. The Tax Technical Support Manager must create a risk management method that permits many policies, processes and implementations to act together to determine, examine, evaluate, deliver and observe all the on-going risk. The risk management data is then employed by the team in collaboration with other corporate data to come to a measured risk management conclusion.
Within that overall remit you can expect to have the following responsibilities and duties:
- The primary duty is to be the central point of contact for all the main managers in the group with regards to technical queries.
- Before all complex and / or risky transactions are executed the Tax Technical Support Manager will review them for tax issues and rate the level of risk and exposure.
- Serve as an active participant in the Tax & Account Risk committee and the groups overall Risk & Control Committee.
- Evaluate and sign off the teams risk reviews, which are undertaken on a periodic basis. These are then based to the director for final review and sign off.
- On occasion you shall be asked to undertake high risk reviews on specific cases and co-ordinate the teams during these events. It is expected this will allow you to highlight risk issues prior to the production of any financial statements.
- Make sure all team members follow up all queries and you can expect to monitor the activity tracker with regards to account queries â to ensure they are handled correctly.
- Work with the admin team on convoluted book-keeping cases to make sure all bookkeeping is finished in a timely fashion and is accurate.
- Ensure all colleagues handle the regular review points correctly and to the agreed service level commitments.
- Take overall responsibility for the creation of the United Kingdom Tax Returns including: Corporate returns, Partnership returns, Trust returns, Non-Resident Company returns, Personal returns & VAT returns
- Be proactive in identifying new opportunities for increasing profits with in the client base by
working tightly with Directors, Managers and Administrators
- Provide tax analysis on the payment of relevant benefits from various plans (including the
analysis of tax treaties)
- Provide analysis on the tax position for payments made from private discretionary trusts
Assist with and be the point of contact for any HMRC inquiries
To the successful candidate the Tax Technical Support Manager offers an excellent basic salary, full package of benefits. The group is also able to offer relocation assistance as they have an available housing license and considerable expertise in relocating professionals to the Channel Islands. To apply simply click on the application button to the top right of this job description.