This international asset and wealth management company is recruiting for a Counterparty Risk Manager to join their Guernsey practice. This Guernsey job is based in St Peter Port.
The Counterparty Risk Manager (working in conjunction with other Risk Managers) provides provide board members, executive management and regulators with independent assurance that all risks are captured, measured, monitored and managed within banks defined risk appetite and processes adhere to local regulatory requirements. In this well paid banking job the overall remit is to work closely with board committees, business unit heads, particularly the Treasury unit on mitigating credit & counterparty risk and assisting in other forms of risk. That can be broken down into the following responsibilities and duties:
- Assist with maintaining and developing an effective credit & counterparty risk management framework to enable articulation of a meaningful risk appetite and management of risks in accordance therewith,
- Prepare, process and analyse all daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc management reports in a timely, effective and accurate manner for management review including escalation,
- Oversee the credit & counterparty risk arising in the Treasury unit including positions and unwanted concentrations,
- Review and approve credit & counterparty limits at counterparty, sector and country level as appropriate,
- Ensure fit-for-purpose analytics for credit & counterparty risk including exposure, VaR, sensitivity and stress testing capabilities are in place either internally or via third-party suppliers and working effectively,
- Assist in development of specific analytics for the mortgage loan portfolio (rating, default probability, expected loss)
- Develop an oversight program for independent oversight of adherence to credit & counterparty risk targets in the investment management activity,
- Provide clear, effective and timely analysis and advice to colleagues and the Chief Risk Officer enabling clear risk-based assessment and decision-making,
- Provide general assistance for the development of the Risk Function including on-going projects, streamlined procedures, data quality and reporting,
- Assist in the analysis of new business and expansion opportunities,
- To foster actively the development of risk culture throughout the bank, and
- Contribute to the Enterprise-wide risk infrastructure and culture within the firm.
To be considered for the Counterparty Risk Manager vacancy you have extensive Counterparty risk analysis experience and a full understanding of credit methodologies. This Credit Risk experience will ideally include counterparty credit risk analysis and approval it is expected you will be able to display a broad understanding of market and operational risk. You will hold a University degree including math and/or statistics and/or suitable on-the-job training
The Counterparty Risk Manager is a specialist Guernsey banking job that requires a talented individual. With that in mind the bank has put together a first rate remuneration package.