This banking consultancy and custodian services provider is looking to recruit a Risk Management Advisor to become a key element in their Channel island growth strategy. This Guernsey job is based in St Peter Port.
This organisations Risk function (across all of Europe) has undergone significant development over the last three years resulting from business development and regulatory change. As such many changes need to be implemented to the Risk systems and processes. Therefore this well paid Guernsey job is the key to the successful embedding of risk management and reports directly to the Regional Chief Risk Officer. As Risk Management Advisor you will be responsible for helping embed the use of scenarios in the business to assess and challenge key decisions. You will ensure that the resources and knowledge of the functional risk teams are brought to bear to challenge scenarios and capital assessments. You will also work closely with the Global Head of Stress Testing to promote consistency of approach and scenarios and to share results. Finally, as a strong communicator, you will ensure that all European teams present a clear and compelling demonstration of how risks are properly identified, assessed, and measured and how capital adequacy has been robustly challenged. You will be able to draw upon the many risk experts across the enterprise, but must be able to apply their expertise across the risk spectrum and be able to write clearly and concisely. You can expect to be involved in the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Review the quarterly EMEA Risk Scorecard to ensure that the risk profile is clearly and concisely articulated.
- Liaise with the Global Head of Stress Testing Framework to ensure consistency / compliance with global stress testing framework.
- Review the risk assessments and risk documentation sections of the risk plan performed by the functional risk teams.
- Lead the Risk Management challenge to integrated scenarios reviewing adequacy and plausibility of outcomes and management actions.
- Ensure the risk framework outputs (programmes/metrics/assessments/emerging risks) are appropriately factored into the risk model and other scenario planning by the functional risk teams.
- Lead the Risk Management challenge of the capital availability assessments of the Risk plan and review against risk assessment / profiles.
To be considered for the Risk Management Advisor vacancy you will be a higher performer with considerable risk, audit or related experience, a proven track record of mature and seasoned judgement and a strong academic background. As you will play a key role in ensuring the continued development of the Risk and Compliance culture across the region. Gaining detailed knowledge through each assessment review, you will represent the Corporate Risk Management Group both internally and externally, including with regulators, at the highest levels.