The Channel Islands division of this international asset manager and bank is looking to recruit a Private Banking Head to run its Private Banking & Investments Group
. Whilst this is a role in based in Jersey the successful applicant will find themselves working across both of the islands.
This is a newly-created senior executive level vacancy which reflects the strategic importance of investment solutions and advice for the bank. Reporting directly to the international Head of Private Banking, you will manage a team of investment professionals responsible for the bank’s investment offering.
You will lead the growth of investment business with their clients, leveraging the Group’s expertise particularly in alternative investments and emerging markets.
As Private Banking Head you will primarily be responsible for the Heads of client management and client advisory. Combines with that responsibility you will take joint responsibility for Heads of middle office and market development.
Lastly with in you remit will be secondary responsibility for Heads of asset management, brokerage, and investment Product development. The bank has laid out the objective for the successful applicant to this well paid Jersey banking job:
- Create growth in Assets Under Management (AUM) and Net New Money
- Drive an increase in Market Share
- Contribute to building an active and broad book of clients and prospects through a strong and diversified network of business and client contacts
- Increase the Margin on managed assets
- Improve the Income statement: Income, expenses, operating results, cost-income ratio.
- Build the number of Clients: Both their overall size and number of client relationships
- Act as a senior level resource to assist the team to grow the private banking practice through identifying, acquiring, building and retaining existing and new client relationships
- Increase the ratio of Deposits and Financing compared to AUM
- Represent the division to sit and be active on all relevant international internal committees
- Work in partnership with the Bank business units to cross-sell, generate ideas and to expand the overall the Bank footprint and value proposition in the Channel Islands
This objective clearly requires the targeting and potential acquisition and transition of banking relationships. This business has been constructed around medium to long-term objectives and strategy. It will certainly require a lot of experience, existing networks and contacts and highly developed skills.
As such the bank is looking to recruit a seasoned professional
with the demonstrable and relevant experience of successfully running a Private Banking division or Private Bank
To be considered for the Private Banking Head vacancy you will:
- Already be working in a similar position and have at least a decades experience in banking.
- You will have had considerable exposure to Private Banking, Wealth Mgt and Brokerage in addition to Assets Mgt and Funds.
- Coupled with that you will be a winner academically – applicants holding a MBA from a respected business school will be most welcome.
The Private Banking Head is a fabulously well remunerated career opportunity. This is seen as a fair reflection on the level of commitment and required skill this strategic appointment commands.