The Jersey presence of this international investment bank and private banking practice is looking to appoint a Private Banking Assistant to join their St Helier branch.
The Private Banking Assistant works on behalf of a small team of Jersey based private bankers and supports them in their prime activity of servicing the private banking requirements of their high net worth clients
. Each banker holds a portfolio of wealthy individuals and investors and is charged with growing the revenue from these and adding new customers to their portfolio. A great deal of effort is put into following new leads, responding to client requests for information and handling referrals from current customers. The Private Banking Assistant assists all the team in this activity and acts as a secondary point of contact for the clients. They will also assist in planning business travel and managing marketing campaigns and the set up of industry events and speaking engagements for the bankers.
Here is outline of the duties and responsibilities the Private Banking Assistant will be involved in:
- Managing the response to customer enquiries whether by the phone, email, written correspondence and even fax. The Private Banking Assistant organizes the escalation of all enquiries to right banker and assists them with a timely response.
- Provide a full illness / holiday cover for the bankers and also be available to their clients when they are on business trips and at meetings.
- Help manage the dissemination of customer mail shots and client marketing in an accurate and timely manner.
- Construct the initial anti money laundering data collection and take notes during the first client verification call (s).
- Issue all online banking passwords and set up instructions. Act as source of client assistance during this process for them.
- Manage the teamâs internal flow of documentation; ensure all important regulatory and legal contracts are provided to right departments on time.
- Record the teamâs activity in the ERP system.
- Manage the payment request process. Perform the simple signature and document checks required. Handle all debt chasing activity on the clientâs behalf.
- Manage any payment callbacks
- Make sure the clients personal details and addresses are current for KYC purposes.
- Manage all credit and Visa card enquires.
- Seek always to reduce errors and complaints, be seen to be proactive in managing any financial losses.
- Keep the focus on client retention and customer satisfaction.
- Assist the risk teams in building a risk profile for each client.
- Organize and manage business trips for the bankers. Liaise with the banks key travel service supplier s to achieve this. Manage the travel budget for the team.
- Help the private bankers with the completion of proposals and ensure that all colleagues have the latest marketing templates for customerâs presentations and documentation.
To be considered for the Private Banking Assistant position you should fit the profile below:
- At least two years working at a bank.
- You will hold an investment qualification or at least be working towards completing one.
- You will have proven client relationship management talents and are adept at using various forms of media to communicate in an accurate and effective manner.
- You will have a sound knowledge of the main financial markets and investment products.
- You will be PC literate, preferably holding the European Computer Driving License.
- Excellent organization abilities and workload balancing skills.
- An understanding of how AML and compliance work in banking.
The Private Banking Assistant opening would suit someone looking to get a foot in the door to private banking. It would allow them to join an award wining privet bank, learn essential client skills and how to service the clients. It will permit them to function as part of a private banking team without carrying immediately the individual targets that come with such an environment and to see at first hand how a successful private banking team does this.
The Private Banking Assistant has a very good basic salary, the opportunity to earn a bonus
based on the overall departmentâs performance and a full package of benefits and perks.