This international asset management company is planning to hire a Portfolio Manager to join its Jersey based team.
The Portfolio Manager is responsible for the facilitation and oversight of the delivery of banks investment offering
to their assigned client base.
They offer advice to clients to be given in accordance with the client's Investment Objectives and within regulatory guidelines.
The overall remit can be broken down into the following duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for management of client portfolios
- Responsible for the banks reputation risk in client facing situations.
- Total Understanding and appreciation of banks investment product suite & investment philosophies and processes.
- Adherence to governed Investment Suitability.
- Adherence to governed Trading Policies.
- Adherence to Opportunistic Investment Strategy mandate and regulatory rules and guidelines.
- Responsible for ensuring that client portfolios are managed in line with policies and client suitability, including being responsible for timely and accurate reporting.
- Work with research team representing client-side objectives.
- Work with Wealth Managers on client pitches and new business opportunities.
- Recommend client solutions based on clear understanding of clients’ needs.
- Analyse external portfolios and recommend action.
- Responsible for sign-off of amended proposals and bespoke mandates.
- Ensure all client investment requests are carried out efficiently and in a professional and timely manner.
- Provide written commentary on market and portfolio activity as and when required.
- For assigned discretionary accounts retain management responsibilities including portfolio construction and rebalancing.
- Represent Investment Management team where appropriate.
- Work with senior management to enhance the investment offering
To be considered for the Portfolio Manager vacancy you should hold FSA Registered/TC2 / CF30 status and an IMC or equivalent. It is also expected you will be degree educated and have the CFA/SII Dip or equivalent.
Besides that educational background you will have at least three years continuous solid client facing investment management experience in either portfolio management or analysis.
The Portfolio Manager is an extremely well remunerated Jersey opportunity - coming as it does in a business critical position at the centre of one of the banks most profitable Channel Island operations.