This international wealth management practice is looking to hire a Middle Office / Branch Manager for it Guernsey branch.
Working from St Peter Port in the Channel Islands the Middle Office / Branch Manager heads a key component of the Private Wealth Management team. As such they report directly to the Director of Private Wealth Management at head office.
The Middle Office / Branch Manager are tasked with coordinating the Private Wealth Management (PWM) business in Guernsey and act as Branch Manager for the Guernsey establishment.
Within that overall remit this role has the following key Responsibilities:
- You will be able to lead, develop and manage the Banking Middle office team.
- You will act as point of escalation for banking Guernsey, as well as liaise with other offices and front office teams as needed.
- Manage the overall control environment which will involve undertaking reviews to ensure the Banks position is protected, to oversee the reconciliation and investigation of accounts and you will monitor and resolve issues on control report.
- Assist the business in improving the cost income ratio making use of opportunities to outsource activities to lower cost centers or to third parties.
- Monitor the client adoption process and ensure that group and local regulatory standards are adhered to.
- Keep up to date with any change in local legislation and Financial Action Task Force (FATF)
recommendations as well as act as local representative for non-Fiduciary Services Division (FSD) regulatory matters.
- Providing oversight of outsourcing operations through the Management Information System.
- Assist the Chief Operating Officer (COO) Corporate Investments in various Channel Islands initiatives as needed and support for global COO initiatives.
To be considered for the Middle Office / Branch Manager vacancy you should have at least five years previous experience in operational aspects of an international Banking business
This will be coupled with the requisite organization, leadership and management skills.
As a part of this senior executive position you will be asked to leverage group opportunities to achieve low cost base and to ensure a minimum number of errors and high client satisfaction levels.
Finally it will be expected that you will have the diplomatic abilities to build good relationships with Banking Regulator.
The Middle Office / Branch Manager commands a senior level banking salary and full benefits.
A performance related bonus is also included.