The offshore banking division of this well known asset management firm and private bank is looking to recruit a Management Information & Financial Analyst. This position will be based from their Channel Islands offshore HQ in St Helier.
The Management Information & Financial Analyst provides full analysis for the senior management team, line managers and business decision makers across the entire offshore division. This group covers a number of key offshore jurisdictions, including the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and the Mauritius
. The analysis undertaken concerns full management information and financial measurements of the overall and team business performance. Business units that will be measured include the private banking arm; several trust structures, a number of investment funds and their management / administration teams and a number of bespoke investment managers and their respective departments.
The Management Information & Financial Analyst works at a senior level within the overall financial analysis practice. This small team of fewer than twenty individuals is geographically dispersed across all the banks offshore branches, although the Head of Financial Analysis is also based in Jersey. The Management Information & Financial Analyst has a secondary remit to act as number two to him and to work in concert with the Head of Financial Analysis to evolve and develop the analysis department. The bank views the Management Information & Financial Analyst as the assistant manager of that team.
The responsibilities of the Management Information & Financial Analyst are as follows:
- To produce in a timely and accurate manner monthly cost reports and arranges their dissemination across the senior management team. Prior to this you will be expected to review (in accordance with accounting standards) and signoff these reports.
- Working with the Head of Financial Analysis compile, review and comment upon the research undertaken by your colleagues in their various geographies. The Management information reports will be segmented into sectors, client MI info and raw data.
- The bank has a client reporting database which it shares with key partner customers (usually other financial institutions), it is the remit of the Management Information & Financial Analyst to ensure that is populated with the latest, accurate data.
- Creates all profit and loss reports for the department managers and gets the key sign off is done prior to Ledger closing.
- Reviews and reports upon team expense performance and contrast it to the banks expense policy guidelines. Projects spend and the travel / entertaining budgets are especially monitored closely.
- The bank operates a large SAP financials ERP backend at a group level. The Management Information & Financial Analyst reconciles the teams reporting database with the global Trial balance in SAP. This is done on a monthly basis.
- Performs double analysis on all front office operations
â splitting by segment and focus down to individual level. This is then turned into a senior management monthly report to analyze RM and client facing investment manager / CRM performance.
- Working with the department heads find explanations and reasoning behind any critical variances in the cost and MI reports. This is fully reported to senior management with your own comments forming part of the analysis.
- Finally in this well paid Jersey Accountancy job you can expect to be asked to help produce a number of ad-hoc MI reports to help the senior management team reach key business decisions based upon accurate data and analysis.
To be considered for the Management Information & Financial Analyst you will have:
- At least two years prior experience analyzing key performance and creating cost reports for banking departments.
- It is expected you will be from an accountancy background.
- You will be a proven and skilled report writer and analyst.
- You will have some managerial experience and understand how to mentor, motivate and lead.
As one would expect of a role which provides the critical analysis that the banks senior managers use to make key decisions, the Management Information & Financial Analyst pays a salary in line with that level of responsibility. The successful applicant will be well rewarded for their efforts. To apply simply hit the button above and fill in your application.