Leading international bank and provider of Corporate Fiduciary administration services is looking for a new manager for its Channel Islands Custodian Trustee Services team.
As Head of Custodian Trustee Service (to mainly Collective Investment Schemes) you will have a cross Channel island remit this role and so could be based in either Jersey or Guernsey.
However with the majority of the team based in St Helier it is currently envisaged this is a Jersey job.
As the Head of Custodian Trustee Service you will lead the Custodian Trustee team, which is responsible for managing relationships with Fund Managers
and Promoters, ensuring that funds meet all of the regulatory requirements.
It also has an oversight responsibility over the Fund Administrators and a direct reporting responsibility to both the GFSC and JFSC. As Custodian or Trustee for Funds your team is responsible for the safekeeping of the Fund assets and are directly responsible to ensure that investors in the Funds are fairly represented.
Additionally the incumbent will act as a member of the Senior Management Team within Corporate Fiduciary taking responsibility for the strategic direction of the business.
A key function is also to act as Managing Director of the banks Custodian department within both Jersey and Guernsey. As Director and Head of the area the Head of Custodian Trustee Service is directly responsible to the GFSC and JFSC in regard to any performance issues that they may have.
To succeed here you will need to lead two Custodian Trustee teams, ensuring that they are adequately resourced and equipped to provide a high quality service that meets all legal and regulatory requirements.
Duties you will be responsible for include:
- To provide high level technical input to the teams
- To liaise with the Fund Managers, Promoters and Regulators to achieve the fund’s objectives and protect its investors.
- To act as Managing Director to the Custodian
- To act as a member of the Senior Management Team in Corporate Fiduciary and contribute to the overall strategic development of the Division.
Some of the key accountabilities of the Head of Custodian Trustee Service position include:
- To proactively build and maintain the relationship with the client, developing rapport and facilitating effective two-way communication channels between the team, the CRM and the client.
- Monitor Fund Administrators to ensure regulatory compliance and quality of service delivery.
- Manage the team to ensure that work is processed efficiently and completed in accordance with established deadlines
- Train and develop the team to enable them to continually improve their performance and ability to meet business needs
- Regularly review processes and procedures to identify improvements
To be considered for the Head of Custodian Trustee Service role you must have a thorough understanding of the Custodian Trustee business and in depth knowledge of the Guernsey/Jersey regime.
It is expected that will be reflected in at least three years in a similar custodian management role
; Custodian Trustee, Fund Administrator, or similar Corporate Fiduciary environment.
You will be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the features of the different types of asset class and the duties of the Designated Trustee.
Finally you will have a proven managerial track record and be able to point to successes manage conflicting demands under pressure and team development.
You will need to hold the JFSC table 4 qualification and Securities Institute Diploma. It is expected you will be at the professional level of ACMA / ACCA /ACA / ACIB or close to completion of a recognised banking qualification.
The Head of Custodian Trustee Service is as you would expect an exceptionally well renumerated offshore banking job. The all encompassing benefits package
includes exciting bonus options and a first rate salary