This Guernsey based well established Trust provider, with over 30 years experience, is looking to hire a Fund Accountant to join their fund accountancy department.
Head quartered in sunny St Peter Port the firm is a well known provider of trust, fund and offshore company incorporation and management services. Worked with both the client directly and also with a well developed introducer and intermediary channel this company has delivered year on year growth for the previous decade.
Currently they have over thirty offices in more than 24 countries (including all the main offshore finance centres) and well over six hundred employees.
The Fund Accountant reports directly to the Senior Manager of Funds and works with a ten man strong team. This team works on fund accounting for the rest of the group and acts as the companies centre of excellence in all fund accountancy
The Fund Accountant has the following responsibilities:
- On a daily basis administering and managing the accounts for a portfolio of funds. These funds can and will be hedge funds, real estate funds, fund of funds, equity funds and bond funds.
- Creating, preparing and auditing the monthly NAVs
- Liaising and reporting directly back to clients, their brokers and custodial banking partners about the accounts they have prepared.
- Handling banking transactions and arranging payments
- Creating all accounts and financial statements as and when required.
- Supporting the Group where in depth fund accounting experience and skills are needed.
The firm has put together an ideal candidate profile which is:
- A qualified accountant – ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- At least two years experience as a fund accountant
for another financial institution
- Be able to demonstrate good knowledge of fund structure, asset trading, valuation and the registration of investments
- Can show they have prior experience in managing the valuation of complex instruments and how to price these assets in manageable and auditable manner.
- First rate IT, communication and presentation skills.
Due to the necessity of having an experienced fund accountant come on board immediately the firm has put together a very tempting remuneration package including a very good base salary, full package of benefits and a performance related bonus.
Besides that the firm prides itself on developing the relevant technical skills of its employees – so should you wish to continue your professional development study leave and allowances are available.
Finally the firm is expecting to make some exciting acquisitions in the coming months which will allow existing staff the opportunity to work in other regions of the world and develop their careers at a faster rate than at other less dynamic firms.