The central tax advice and management team of this international offshore fiduciary advisory company is looking to hire a Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act Adviser. This position is based from their St Helier head quarters, but it scope is fully global in nature.
The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act Adviser acts as an analyst and expert around the IRS tax legislation
and guidelines. They seek to help customers of the firm to ensure that all their offshore structures, primarily trusts, are compliant with the act. Within this main duty the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act Adviser can expect to be involved in:
- Making sure that all offshore structures are in full compliance with the FATCA regulations and legislation.
- Manage all file reviews and data analysis upon US clients and their asset holdings.
- Help classify all offshore companies and trust structures for FATCA reviews.
- Register all the relevant structures and bodies with the IRS.
- Create, document and produce all the relevant bodies of evidence for full review by the central compliance team before submittal.
- Manage a group of more junior analysts and supervise all their work on FATCA relevant subjects and reviews. Provide a full mentoring and training service to them to allow them to develop their own professional skills in line with your own.
- Identify any training requirements for your team and make balanced suggestions to senior management.
- Manage and build a number of key relationships with the clients, their other external advisers and internally across the various departments and teams.
- Ensure that all work is completed in a timely, accurate manner and is also in full accordance with the companyâs compliance and working policy guidelines.
- Complete the required timesheets, fee schedules and ensure all the systems are up to date â so the clients can remotely manage and view all activity on their behalf.
- Ensure complete discretion and confidentiality
for all activity around the clientâs taxation and offshore structures. Maintain security of all documentation and papers at all times.
- Meet the targets and monitor and self review your performance against these on a regular basis.
- Manage the performance of your team and assist them with meeting their targets and professional development objectives.
- The firm has a well defined and respected policy around quality and ethical standards â ensure your always meet these.
- Maintain a completely up to date knowledge of current offshore and taxation regulation, especially North American. The firm maintains a complete and up to data library to allow you access to the latest documentation and news at any time.
In order to be considered for the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act Adviser position you should fit the following ideal candidate criteria:
- Be a JFSC Category A professional who holds a Table Four certification.
- Display a broad knowledge of common fiduciary products and a detailed understanding of the types of structures managed and marketed by the company to its international clientele.
- Be a first rate communicator, expert in presentations and trainer.
- Have a detailed understanding of the outsourced market for fund administration services.
- Understand in a complete and detailed manner not only the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act, but it implications for customers and how to ensure full compliance with it.
The continuing success of the firms fund administration and offshore trust business depends on managing the implications of the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act for its clientele. As such this appointment is a business critical one at a crucial time for the firm and the industry as a whole. As such the company is willing to offer the right individual a seriously tempting remuneration package to ensure that they are recruited.
To apply click the button above.