Working within this Trust and Fiduciary services provider in St Helier the Financial Controller and Monitoring Manager is a vital addition to their finance department. This is a newly created position.
Reporting directly to the Group Finance Director the Financial Controller and Monitoring Manager is charged with all management accounting / reporting / monitoring
for all the groups companies. It is essential this service is performed accurately, in a timely fashion and within certain budget and cost parameters. All accounting and reports must be created to defined industry standards; i.e. IFRS, US GAAP etc
The primarily responsibilities of the Financial Controller and Monitoring Manager are:
- Providing all management and accounting data and information. This all meets recognized internal guidelines, standard accountancy standards and is produced accurately on time.
- Management of both internal accountancy controls and external communication of data to partners & regulators.
- The creation of all financial statements and statutory returns.
- Provide advice and consultancy to colleagues and senior management upon the accounts and financial data.
- Work with the Group Finance Director to monitor all the financials of the group and prepare budgets and forecasts based upon that data.
- Build the monthly reports for management around profitability, assets under management, adherence to budgets within the departments and other standard and ad-hoc measurement criteria as defined by the senior management team.
- Monitor all cash flow and budgeting factors like debtor rates, debt recovery, credit, billing performance to produce capital projections and analysis. These liquidity forecasts and cash flow guides are essential in the senior decision making of the business.
- Act as number two to the Group Finance Director in all matters.
- Finally the Financial Controller and Monitoring Manager acts as the lead liaison with all external parties, such as auditors, government regulators and client finance teams.
To be considered for this Jersey based opportunity the firm has created guidelines around what kind of individual they would like to hire. These are:
- A qualified or part qualified accountant
(ACA,ACCA, CIMA etc) who has spent at least three years working in financial control for an international commercial organization. It would be beneficial if that was in financial services and a major plus point if that was for another offshore fiduciary services provider.
- Proven financial reporting and monitoring skills that are combined with the ability to report to senior management in a concise, business needs orientated manner.
- First rate Excel skills
- A good understanding of the capabilities of current financial reporting systems and how to employ them to guarantee fast, accurate and timely production of data and accounts. Applicants who are familiar with Microsoft NAV will be welcomed, although full orientation and training will be provided.
- Lastly you will need a first rate business mind, self motivation and a desire to help shape a growing business.
The Financial Controller and Monitoring Manager is a business critical appointment for the Group moving forward. In the past an inability to free up sufficient accounting data and information meant the senior managers were forced to make key decisions based upon instinct. The firm is determined to avoid that and as such is willing to reward and entice the very best available Financial Controller and Monitoring Manager they can find.
The successful applicant is assured a great basic salary, pension, healthcare and the chance to earn a very tempting bonus. This role is based offshore in Jersey and as such you will also benefit from a low tax, sunny and safe living environment.