This growing offshore accountancy and tax advisory services provider is looking to appoint a new Corporate Tax manager to join its St Peter Port based team. This position can and will include travel across Europe for client meets and consultancy sessions.
Within the firm the tax practice is broken down into three key sectors, one of which is the companies Corporate Tax advisory business. Even despite the recent financial crisis this team has seen double digit growth in both the number of new clients seeking advice on tax management and an increase in billable fees
At the core of the role the Corporate Tax manager provides a consultancy based upon minimizing tax exposure on operating earnings for international businesses in a manner fully in compliance with both local Guernsey regulation and the legislation of the clients own country of origin. They provide tax compliance advice, how to use the latest offshore tax efficient structures in a legal and regulated manner and will provide full reporting to the client and their tax auditors in a manner agreed under the initial customer contract and service level agreement. The Corporate Tax Manager reports directly to the partner responsible for the tax practice(s).
Clients include other financial institutions such as investment banks, fund managers, alternative investment schemes, pension schemes. You can also expect to work closely with professional introducers drawn up from the worlds best legal and fiduciary service providing companies. They are also a diverse mix of customers from many international businesses including software providers, logistic firms, retail and property companies.
As the firm gears up to address the increasing increased focus upon corporate tax liabilities
and management it has decided it must employ the very best tax professionals in the industry. Hence the requirement for another Corporate Tax manager to not only meet increasing levels of business, but also to address the queries from existing clients about their tax positions in a rapidly evolving regulatory environment.
Here is a detailed breakdown of the services the Corporate Tax Manager provides to the customers in their portfolio:
- Managing and attending to the tax requirements of the clients in your portfolio, providing advice tailored to their specific needs and regulatory situation. This can and will include providing a fairly substantial financial management advice and to undertake assistance with tax returns and financial reporting.
- Managing your own workload in the most efficient manner and ensuring the junior tax advisors under your remit fulfill their obligations, meet the service level agreements and operate in an efficient, profitable manner. The Corporate Tax Manager can expect to have direct input to the day to day management of a small team (4-8 individuals depending upon workload etc) of more junior tax advisors and administrators. A key part of your role will be to act as a source of expertise and mentoring to your less experienced colleagues.
- Upon specific ad-hoc large projects, especially meet new business tenders you can expect to be asked to bring your expertise on Corporate tax to a “virtual” team assembled to win that business or meet a specific event / requirement.
- The senior management team and the partners will look to you to keep them in the loop about development sin your client portfolio and to flag “red flag” events before they occur. You can expect to play a key role in helping the firms tax practice meet its future legal requirements regarding its Corporate tax advisory business. Your advice will also be garnered before the firm embarks upon new marketing campaigns to entice new customers. On occasion you might be asked to contribute to the firms presence at trade shows and road shows as a public speaker, or at least provide key technical information for the tax partner to do so.
For your application to the Corporate Tax Manager vacancy to be successful you should fit the following ideal candidate profile:
- Be a fully qualified accountant or hold a legal qualification and have at least three years prior experience working in a busy corporate tax practice or tax department of a large corporate entity or in the a major European tax regulator.
- Be able to display a broad knowledge of corporate tax issues and be able to channel that knowledge into a concise, lucid and compelling tax consultancy for your clients.
- Be commercially minded, a good communicator and relationship builder.
To ensure the best candidate is hired, the client has budgeted a salary and aggressive bonus scheme which is far ahead of industry norms and deliberately created to tempt the top talent. You can apply by simply clicking the “apply” button above.