The Channel Islands fiduciary services department of this well known investment bank is looking to hire another consultant for the provision of Company Secretariat services to their clients. This position is based at their European offshore head quarters in St Peter Port, Guernsey.
The Consultant Company Secretary is a key member of small, very specialised team. Their core remit is to assist a portfolio of the banks key clients to adhere to their regulatory, legal and corporate governance requirements their board is mandated to comply with. The Consultant Company Secretary offers advice on achieving that whilst acting as the clients company secretary
. Central to doing so is to act as an outsourced company secretary for the customer, in effect organizing company meetings, AGM's and maintaining their statutory documentation and essential records. The Consultant Company Secretary can also expect to arrange the announcement of information as directed by regulations and company law and to manage any ad hoc corporate governance issues and give advice upon the make up of the board and share structure of the company.
Central to the role is the provision of a quality service, delivered to meet all service level agreements. The nature of the service is often highly technical and requires a skilled, experienced and intelligent company secretarial expert. Many of the banks clients use this type of service on their fund vehicles â so in essence the Consultant Company Secretary works as company secretary on a variety of hedge funds, investment and mutual funds and other specialized investments
. There fore a high level of understanding of the fund market place and the various types of investments available and who they are marketed too is also essential.
Here is a complete break down of the responsibilities and duties of the Consultant Company Secretary role:
- To be fully responsible for the accurate delivery of a truly high quality Company secretarial service to the banks clients. Ensure at all times you work as directed by the agreed contracts, documents, service level agreement and the legislation of the customers country of origin and international law.
- To on board all new customers to the fiduciary department who have requested company secretary services in a timely, accurate and above all transparent manner. Take the time to ensure the customers requirements are clearly understood and mutually agreed. Work hard from the offset to build a clear and beneficial relationship with the key stakeholders in the customers business.
- Support your department and other teams at the bank. At all times preserve the reputation and image of the bank.
- Playing a leading role in developing and evolving the banks fiduciary and company secretarial offerings and processes. Seek to constantly evolve the standards, agreements and solutions provided to increase and maintain the banks sales and relevancy to other financial institutions and clients.
For serious consideration for this well paid Guernsey fiduciary job you should fit the following ideal applicant profile, the bank has established:
At least three years working in the company secretarial sector of the finance industry. It would be beneficial if that was for a private equity or collective investment fund or service provider to that kind of firm.
- Either to be a fully or partly qualified ICSA professional.
- Educated to degree level
- Be able to display a good knowledge of company law across many jurisdictions and have a clear understanding of stock exchange listing law.
- Understand common asset classes and the importance of true fiduciary control.
- Be a skilled relationship builder
As one would expect as a key member in such a profitable and strategically important department at the bank, the Consultant Company Secretary is av very well remunerated vacancy. To find out more or to apply if you feel you are what the bank requires simply press the button above and fill in your application.