This international bank and asset management solutions provider is looking to recruit an experienced Compliance Manager to work from their St Peter Port office.
Essentially the Compliance Manager provides local board members, executive management and regulators independent assurance and advice so that all compliance & regulatory risks are captured, measured, monitored and managed within the banks defined risk appetite and processes adhere to local regulatory requirements.
The Compliance Manager works to mitigate compliance and regulatory risk. In this well paid Guernsey banking job you will do that by leading the Guernsey Compliance Team including direction and management of the AML (MLRO and MLCO) function. You will provide support and guidance to the regional Managing Director for Banking in regard to banking operations and provide support and guidance to the Head of Compliance for whole group. This advice will include ensuring appropriate policy, procedures and controls are in place to mitigate regulatory risk and to contribute broadly to the Enterprise-wide Risk Management objectives within the bank. You will be asked to undertake the design and implementation of oversight and controls, policies and procedures. You will be directly responsible for all licensed Banking activities; and additional licensed activities as appropriate. Finally you will be responsible for co-ordination of all activities with Regulators.
- Determine primary regulatory and compliance, financial crimes and sanctions risks and devising risk mitigation strategies and programmes;
- Liaise with regulators and co-ordinating all regulatory responses, including law enforcement;
- Design and implement compliance, financial crimes and sanctions policies and procedures including provide advice on risk mitigation and management;
- Design, implementation and management of an effective compliance monitoring programme;
- Investigation and manage regulatory breaches;
- Co-ordinate all regulatory reporting, including internal reporting to Boards and governance committees;
- Delivery of compliance training;
- Specifically responsible for holding licensed Compliance Officer role for Banking;
- Provide support and advice across the bank in connection with Banking business;
- Build effective business partnerships both internally and with external bodies;
- Lead, manage and motivate the Guernsey Compliance Team including ensuring effective management of resources;
- Foster actively the development of a strong compliance and risk culture throughout the bank, including contribute to the Enterprise-wide risk infrastructure and culture within the firm
To be considered for this well paid Guernsey banking job you should be the holder of a
recognised compliance qualification. It is expected you will have at least five years experience at a Compliance Manager / officer level in banking. It would be beneficial if this experience was at a prior GFSC registered company and role. Along with that you will have extensive banking experience including a period at team management level.
The Compliance Manager offers the successful applicant an outstanding remuneration package and the chance to join one of the Channel Islands most innovative financial organisations. For more information on the Compliance Manager opportunity or for those looking for Guernsey jobs or looking for banking jobs please contact our banking recruitment consultants.