This Guernsey based fund management company is looking to hire a Company Secretary to join their St Peter Port team. This job will be role in Guernsey, although it includes responsibilities in other jurisdictions.
The Company Secretary is primarily tasked with managing and controlling the company secretarial function the group.
This will necessitate managing a team of people who are providing company secretariat and data integrity services to the Fund Services team
, and ensuring that all clients receive an efficient and professional service.
This positions responsibilities can be split down into a three different main areas. These are:
Company secretarial duties:
- Responsible for the provision and management of the delegation of company secretarial and administration duties for the all trusts administered by the
- Responsible for managing and controlling the company secretarial function
- Responsible for maintaining company secretarial records for the Group and clients.
- Involved in developing new company secretarial systems when required.
- Responsible for ensuring that initial client review of statutory records for new business has been completed.
- Attending Board meetings, preparing board packs and drafting of minutes.
- Preparation of annual returns / annual validations.
- Responsible for ensuring AGMs are held where necessary.
- Arranging the incorporation of new companies.
- Dealing with the transfer of Funds or Companies to or from alternative administrators on corporate secretarial matters.
- The preparation of directors and shareholders meetings.
- Liaising with the Guernsey Financial Services Commission and Guernsey Registry on Company Secretarial matters.
- Assist on client deals with review of and collation of documentation and Board meetings. This may involve working outside of core hours.
- A Signatory Responsibility
Risk Management responsibilities:
- Report complaints, operational risks, suspicions etc in accordance with local procedures.
- Develop an awareness and ability to avert potential risk issues for both clients and staff
Personnel Management duties:
- Coaching and development of new and junior corporate secretarial staff.
For consideration for the Company Secretary vacancy you should hold or be studying for a relevant professional qualification such as STEP or ICSA
It is expected that you will have a minimum of 10 years experience in financial services and a thorough understanding of company law and administration. Indeed you will be able to display your understanding of the principles and practices of fiduciary services practice wise ease.
The Company Secretary is a strategic appointment for this organisation and as such they are willing to meet the necessary remuneration requirements of the individual they see will best perform.