This Jersey based private bank and offshore wealth management solution provider is actively seeking a skilled Client Accountant to work in its Private Fiduciary Department.
Based in St Helier the Client Accountant is responsible for the preparation of accounts
for all Private Fiduciary Clients.
The successful applicant will ensure that the correct accounting information is provided to the Private Fiduciary Department consistently and efficiently to meet client needs. On occasion it is expected you also provide advice on Fiduciary Accounting best practice.
The main responsibilities in this vacancy are:
1. To ensure the timely and accurate preparation of case accounts, or parts thereof.
2. To provide Trainee Client Accountants with technical support and expertise.
3. To ensure queries are dealt with efficiently and effectively to maintain client confidence.
4. To ensure personal financial and non-financial targets are met.
5. Meet requirements of regulators, government agencies and the legal environment.
To ensure these responsibilities are meet in this offshore accountancy job you will undertake the following:
- To effectively plan preparation of allocated cases, liaising with Case Officers and the Lead Client Accountant.
- Prepare accurate accounts or parts thereof in accordance with department procedures.
- Assist Lead Client Accountants with various duties including accounts reviews.
- Allocate relevant sections of accounts preparation to Trainee Client Accountant
- Ensure time charged whilst preparing accounts is allocated to correct analysis code.
- Accurate accounts are prepared on a timely basis and agreed KPI’s are met.
- No concerns received from Private Fiduciary regarding the efficiency or accuracy of accounts prepared.
- Review work prepared by Trainee Client Accountant using opportunity to provide on the job training.
- Ensure personal chargeability and recoverability targets are met.
- Record time costs against set budgets.
- Identify likely development opportunities.
- To maintain an overview of relevant accounting standards.
To be considered for this Jersey based Client Accountant position you must hold the AAT / CAT and have ample bookkeeping practice
The Client Accountant position offers an excellent salary and the chance to qualify for a superb bonus package.
The bank is one of Jersey’s premier employers and as such offers numerous opportunities for self development and career advancement.