The Jersey private bank and wealth management practice of this global investment bank is looking to hire a Banking Support Admin Officer to join their expanding St Helier branch.
The Banking Support Admin Officer works in the banks back office actively supporting banking processes
and the front office. Essentially they are charged with undertaking a number of core administration tasks in an accurate and timely fashion. Attention to detail is the key here. The Banking Support Admin Officer will be measured against a number of key performance criteria based around efficiency, time to deliver and overall level of accuracy and professionalism.
Listed below is a complete list of the tasks and responsibilities of the Banking Support Admin Officer:
- By professional support help the private banking and RM teams meet their targets, always seek to assist front office team members by completely admin processes rapidly and accurately.
- To attend all admin personnel meetings and to actively take part in the discussions centered on improving business performance.
- Ensure all client records are kept up to date and that all DDÂ´s and Standing orders are completely in the correct manner.
- Complete essential SWIFT transactions
for clients â including internal transfers, BACS payments and drafts.
- Handle all requests for Data for Audit and the processing of year end interest statements.
- Order cheque books for customers as and when required.
- Manage a number of key processes in co-ordination with the London HQ and its central back office team. Build a professional and performing relationship with key stakeholders in that department.
- Ensure you meet all the banks service level agreements and deliver a quality service to all clients at all times.
- Manage and handle all the client enquires to a high level of accuracy and quality.
- Be active in all staff training and mentoring; ensuring you complete all the necessary courses provided.
- Assist during non planned absences of team mates and during peak hours at the banks counters and client facing tables.
- Manage the processing of all funds by BACs credit or SWIFT into the customers accounts.
- Complete all foreign exchange business and transfers in an accurate and complete fashion.
- Process all cheques whether provided by the banks clients or on behalf of them. These will be in multi currencies.
- Process all direct debits
- Scan, read and disseminate all the daily correspondence for a number of different clients and internal managers.
- Pass on interest manually, when and where required.
- Manage the cheque return process and all currencies both outward and inward.
- Action as guided by the clientâs instructions all maturities associated with Fiduciary and Fixed Term deposit vehicles.
- Process all SWIFT payments as guided by the customers.
For serious consideration for the Banking Support Admin Officer vacancy you will have the following profile:
- At least two years working in a client facing administration role at another financial service firm.
- First rate organizational skills, attention to detail and motivation to work quickly.
- Able to prioritize workloads and handle ad-hoc urgent requests.
- Able to show a high level of service and accuracy in all you do.
- A good knowledge of banking procedures, especially SWIFT transactions, interest handling and a firm awareness of banking compliance guide lines like KYC.
In return for matching the above profile the bank will reward the successful applicant to the Banking Support Admin Officer vacancy with a great salary, full package of benefits and the chance to build a career in banking at one of the Islands top performing wealth managers.