This global fund administration services provider is looking to hire an experienced Assistant Company Secretary to work from their St Peter Port office.
Reporting directly to the Company Secretary, the Assistant Company Secretary is involved in the provision of company secretarial services to the Fund Services team
, whose clients are international hedge fund managers and asset management organizations.
Within this overall remit you can expect to have following specific responsibilities:
- Maintenance of company secretarial records for clients.
- Developing new company secretarial systems when required.
- Attending Board meetings, preparing board packs and drafting of minutes.
- The preparation of directors and shareholders meetings.
- Preparation of annual returns / annual validations.
- Preparation and filing of audit exemption forms where necessary.
- Preparation of AGMs where necessary.
- Sealing of company documents and maintenance of the company registers.
- The incorporation of new companies where relevant.
- Dealing with any liquidation.
- Dealing with the transfer of Funds or Companies to or from alternative administrators on corporate secretarial matters.
- The preparation of notices and resolutions for extraordinary business.
- The maintenance of all statutory documentation in relation to companies.
- Liaising with the Guernsey Financial Services Commission and HM Greffier/Guernsey Registry
on Company Secretarial matters.
- Assist on client deals with review of and collation of documentation and Board meetings.
- Report complaints, operational risks, suspicions etc in accordance with local procedures.
For consideration for the Assistant Company Secretary job the applicant should be educated, as a minimum, to ‘A’ level standard and hold or be studying for a professional qualification such as ICSA.
It is envisaged that the successful candidate will have a minimum of five year’s experience in company secretarial services. Coupled with those essentials it is expected the individual appointed to this well paid Guernsey job will be able to display knowledge of Company Law and administration.
They will be skilled at relationship management –to develop strong relationships with clients and intermediaries and be able to recognize and respond to risk situations and stays up to date with appropriate legislation and professional standards.
The Assistant Company Secretary has an excellent salary and the company prides itself on having an industry recognized innovative package of benefits.
The successful applicant will not be disappointed with the remuneration, benefits or outstanding career opportunity this offshore position offers.